The primary purpose of this role is to oversee multi-unit asset protection functions, performing AP and Safety-related activities to support Lowe's business objectives, such as, but not limited to minimizing shrink, risk and safety incidents, providing on boarding to AP programs, OSHA standards and investigations, training, coaching and response to potentially volatile situations requiring quick, effective decisions and conducting investigations for assigned stores.This includes responsibility for data integrity and tracking of various performance metrics across AP activities.The role has expertise in asset protection, safety, hazmat, OSHA standards and investigations to ensure Lowe's maintains a safe, healthy and profitable business by providing direction to the leadership team, in assigned stores, related to improving profitability through reductions in shrink, safety, expenses and liability.
- Organizes, plans and performs asset protection activities within the assigned locations for topics such as shrink and safety awareness, programs, training, development and execution of those programs.
- Develops strategic asset protection plans in partnership with store leadership and Market teams, and provides direction to leadership team related to improving profitability through reductions in shrink, safety, expenses and liability
- Provides consultation and interpretation to store leaders on Lowe’s AP strategy and policies,identifies gaps and intervenes as necessary to redirect efforts to be aligned with those policies.
- Participates in leadership decision making related to shrink, safety, and hazmat issues. Makes recommendations and provides communication to influence others in situations where direct authority has not been given.
- Support the investigation and resolution of safety, physical security, threat and theft related issues by staying abreast of AP needs in the assigned stores, readily addressing any concerns as they arise, and finding the right answer or getting resources needed to solve those issues within Lowe’s Asset Protection policies and protocols. Escalates and partners with District APSM, HR, legal, PR as necessary to protect the company brand, liability and maintain a productive work environment for all associates.
- Tracks performance metrics related to shrink, safety, liability and expenses and conducts store walk-throughs, using all available tools, to review the overall safety and security metrics, immediately reporting relevant issues to store leadership and DAPSM, and developing solutions to improve the overall safety and shrink of the assigned stores
- Shares results with Market leadership, AP leaders and Corporate partners to determine identify areas for improvement and recognize areas where recommend where AP and Safety strategies may need revisions.
- Actively and proactively conducting investigations by utilizing EBR platform, organizing case preparation, conducting dishonest employee interviews, recommending disciplinary action (i.e. Training, warnings, termination etc.) and post prosecution follow up.
- Utilize investigation findings to coach and direct leadership team on proactive measures, action steps or plans to put in place to mitigate further risk of any breakdowns that led to dishonesty.
- Acts as a trusted business advisor/partner to store leaders on performance issues and has robust knowledge and awareness of the location’s AP objectives and progress against them. Addresses deviations of performance through coaching, constructive and honest regular feedback and follow up through actions plans and strategies.
- Works closely with other Senior AP and safety managers, District APSM and the store team in order to collect and disseminate tailored AP knowledge as needed to ensure impactful asset protection operations and to drive the completion of asset protection and safety related projects and processes.
- Leads change in safety culture by influencing and developing location leaders and safety team members to understand safety guidelines, address and promote safe behaviors, understanding of incident response and follow up.
- Identify training needs throughout all departments in the stores by determining gaps in operations, safety and shrink performance, execution of the operations programs during visits, walkthroughs and reports. Utilize findings to develop location specific training to address needs/gaps.
- Effectively leverages technology remotely and in stores to identify and provide store leadership visibility to positive and opportunity behaviors. Train store management on equipment (Alarm, fire, EAS and CCTV systems) and validates systems are functional. Conducts follow up on service needs.
- Promotes safe and secure store environments for customers and employees by identifying and addressing trends, communicating concerns, developing solutions and overseeing compliance with all safety, security, OSHA, and HAZMAT related inspections, training and documentation requirements.
- Support activities such as safety focused events and celebrations and Lowe’s brand management.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Psychology Criminal Justice
5 years Relevant work experience
3 years Demonstrated experience conducting retail investigations (i.e., has conducted multiple retail investigations).
2 year Experience directly or indirectly supervising employees including coaching, mentoring, direction, training, performance management and recognition.
1 year Experience conducting quality reviews/audits
Experience with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
National certified training program (e.g., Wicklander-Zuwalski or Reed training)
Professional accreditation (e.g., LPQ, LPC) or equivalent experience.
2 years’ Experience in retail management influencing business leaders.
Demonstrated experience analyzing business documents (e.g., P&L, exception reports)
Experience in using physical security systems (e.g., CCTV, EAS).
• DAILY – Day Trips
• LESS THANMONTHLY – Overnight Trips
• LESS THAN MONTHLY – Multiple Nights
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• NONE – Overnight Trips, Multiple Nights